Nothing scares an owner more than when their dog is brawling with another dog. There are ways you can break up that fight so that you and your dog are not injured.
1. Fix that Male: Well, boy dogs that have not been neutered are more prone to fighting than those who have.
2. Use Your Outdoor Voice: If you want to make the dogs stop fighting, then you are going to have to yell as loud as you can and in as deep a voice as possible to scare the daylights out of them.
3. A Shot of Water: Douse those fighting pups with cold water! If a hose is handy, go for it. If no hose, fill a container and dump it on the canines who are brawling.
4. Get Out and About: Let your dog be in the company of other dogs by walking him in local parks and visiting local dog parks. Keep an eye out and correct any ill-mannered behavior on the part of your pup.
5. Make a Date: Dogs who have full tummies and dogs who are tired-out are calmer dogs. If your dog has a date to meet another dog, feed him first and make sure he is dog tired.
6. Away from Home: Dogs are nicer to each other if they do not have to guard their own home or yard. A park is the best place for a dog meet-and-get-acquainted session.
7. A Last Resort: To keep from losing a chunk of your human flesh and to save both dogs from injury, throw a large towel, sleeping bag, blanket or coat over the fighting-to-the-death dogs so that you can pull them free.